Monday, January 4, 2010

True Friends

After trolling the Hero Arts catalog for inspiration, I came up with this:



Don't laugh, but this fun card arose from a desire to use background stamps more, in order to justify ordering the two I want from the Hero catty. Seriously. Tomorrow's card is another in that effort.

See the games I play with myself? So sad.

Anywho, the set is Kindred Spirits from SU and isn't really a background stamp, per se. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I really like how this turned out, and hope you do, too!

Supplies
stamps: SU Kindred Spirits, Hero Arts
paper: gable green, basic black, white
ink: Memories soft green, Palette Noir
accessories: gingham ribbon, dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. It's very lovely (your card). I just looked at SU's new mini and shouldn't have. Lots of goodies I want, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I could see this
    design working well with many single
    and background stamps. Thanks for
    the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the HA bg that looks like this and i've never inked it up, i'm intimidated by it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combination - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card. I love the way you did the ribbon in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these colours together and the ribbon going across the corner is a wonderful element. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the green and black together. I like the sentiment stamped over the background. I need to use my background stamps more, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card -- love the background images with the black words. I have a stamp, paper, ink swap to do and I think I'll base it on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I play games and tell myself things, too.
    Whatever it took, the card turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp and its great to see it be used in a way to give it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip on trying the cubes. I agree that the creamy inks work better on clear stamps. Your backround color on this screen looks kind of taupe, a color I like. Lovely card! Thanks, Sharon D. NJ Brrrr

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is lovely! You are so prolific. I can't imagine creating so many gorgeous items. keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the black mat against the green it really pops! And the ribbon treatment is pretty! Cant wait to see tomorrows card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I certainly love the way it turned out! You are so good to use your stamps right away, and we can all benefit from however you justify your purchases. I need to get better about using my new stamps right away. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!