Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Birthday with Fish

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this blog! My day started off great with some blog candy from Sue Berker. She's going to get me to use Copics if she keeps sending me free ones, LOL! If you've not been over to Sue's blog, check it out.

And now to today's card, which has absolutely nothing to do with Copics or Mother's Day. Hero Arts clear set Oceans of Joy is yet another outline set I had to have. This card shows that you don't really have to color cute outline images. I added some sparkle with a Stardust Gel pen, but these images are so whimsical, they would make a great kid's birthday card without time-intensive coloring.


I love this layout. It is ideal for spotlighting any smaller images you may have. The offset rectangle adds interest and gives the whole card a modern feel. Hope you like it!

There were a few questions regarding my posts about coloring that I'm going to try to answer over the next week. I sort of feel like I opened a can of worms, and I'm not even a fisherman, LOL!

Also, don't forget about OLW3: Punctuation. Apparently, I can only have the InLinkz box in one place on the blog, so I'm going to keep the current one in the sidebar so it stays near the top and visible. When I post the next challenge, I'll move the InLinkz for OLW3 to the actual OLW3 post and put the OLW4 InLinkz in the sidebar. Hope all that makes sense. Even if it doesn't, please give all the participants some encouragement. Using punctuation on a card takes us all out of our comfort zone, I think!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, PTI (sentiment)
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white, unknown blue
accessories: square punch, sakura stardust pen (clear), dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I love this offset rectangle and will steal the idea! I am looking around for punctuation marks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that offest rectangle would be way out of my comfort zone, I probably would have wacked it off with a paper trimmer, but wow, does it look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mohter's Day, Susan! What an awesome layout! Ha ha, I wouldn't have trimmed it, but I probably would have 'blinged' it or ruined it with a ribbon or flower!!! lol... I am trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card...love the colors..and I have to confess, it takes a lot of effort not to go overboard when creating a clean and simple card. Me for one would have matted the tiny squares, colored in the images before I could feel I've done something..
    I'm going to CASE this for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day!
    The punctuation cards in the sidebar have really been fun for me because I am not a Blog-Cruiser and had to become one temporarily to take a look at what you inspire others to do. Of course this led to SUCH adventures on each persons' Blog, I could see how easily I would become an addicted Cruiser IF only I had the time available without massive guilt.
    As for the fish, am VERY grateful for the inspiration to CASE them because 3 similar fish sets I HAD to have never got inked because ocean scenes require simulating water, just for starters, a feat impossible for this wanna-be artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    I had to come by and see the wonderful creations and wish you a Happy Mothers Day! LOVE this wonderful card...Like a day at the beach! Hugs and Love, Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I use a layout similar to this often, using small images on 3 circles, or 3 squares, etc. However, I would NEVER have considered, or even thought of, not having that back strip begin and end at the edges of the card, or at least evenly spaced on both ends (and, as the OCD person we all know you are, it totally surprised me!). What a delightful way to showcase something. You're right; it ends up becoming a focal point, and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing. I love the uncolored images - something I would never have done because I don't have your vision!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. Love. This. Layout! Woo hoo, another perfect card to inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great and I LOVE the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that layout! And this card is fantastic for a child's birthday.

    I can't wait to watch you slowly fall in love with copics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is really great ! Well, I'm in love with the blue color :-)and the stamps are cute ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that shade of blue with those cute images, and your layout is perfect for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! I am a follower of yours and each time I come back, I realize why! I LOVE YOUR CARDS SO MUCH! Thanks for sharing.
    www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!