Thursday, December 16, 2010

One Last Christmas Card Blow-Out

One of the sets I ordered for my birthday in November was Papertrey's Holly Jolly. It seemed like a very appealling CAS set...and it IS!

First up, I used the bracket border punch (Fiskars) to edge the card. The curves and points of the brackets are not exactly like holly, but they are similar enough. The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Christmas. I popped one of the holly leaves (stamped with Always Artichoke) and used some of my big bling in dark red that matches the Cherry Cobbler of the sentiment.


Next, I used another sentiment from Signature Christmas and the tiny holly stamp from Holly Jolly. The corners of the popped panel were punched with an SU ticket punch.


Holly Jolly comes with two border stamps. Here's the "positive" stamp, stamped in Memento Cottage Ivy and accented with red Stickles. The sentiment comes with the set and is stamped in SU Real Red.



Finally, the "negative" border stamp. I used yet another sentiment from Signature Christmas and blinged just three tiny holly berries.



Hopefully, I'll now be able to move on to something OTHER than Christmas cards. Ooops, almost forgot to post the coffee bags I decorated to hold Russian Tea gifts this year.


I made 18 of these for teachers and neighbors. The punch is SU's bird and branch, done in Real Red and a random gray I had in my stash. These were matched up with the gray and red cards I made HERE. Not bad, eh?

I love Christmas and feel very Christmas-y right now, but I think I'll let loose a primal scream if I post another Christmas card before March. Maybe April. So good-bye for now, Christmas cards. I love ya, but I need a break.

Note About In-Linkz: Apparently, they changed the default settings or I screwed up something when I set up this collection. To fix the problem, I'd have to delete and recreate the collection, which means everyone who's already posted would have to re-link. I'll just make sure next time I enable the photos to show. Sorry for the inconvenience!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely holiday cards. I've appreciated all that you have shared with us. I'm so behind in getting mine made this year. Thanks for this last bit of inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more Christmas cards? lol I hear ya! Today's collection is stellar, though, and so are those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a card-making machine!! These are fabulous. Can't you come and live with me for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CAS cards..They always look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan - you're on a roll!! I really like these cards - holly is so Christmas!! I also like the wreath cards - great colours on them!!

    Hope to get to the challenge soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards.....just love them all, and the little coffee bags are great. We have had 5" of snow overnight and there's a blizzard on again now....really Christmassy looking over here for a change..thank goodness I don't have to go out. Just have to get the tree up to make the house look more like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, really pretty cards. Love the holly...one of my favorite holiday designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so beautiful! I especially love the birdies on the set of gift bags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad about the In-Linkz issue, but this adds more mystery!

    The cards are beautiful. I honestly can't decide which I like better between the two border cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...BEAUTIFUL!! I love the red and gray bird bags with your beautiful cards...HOW WONDERFUL!!!
    I'll be saving this for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all these cards! Holly is one of my favourite Christmas motifs. You might be tired of making / posting Christmas cards but I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing what you do for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the Christmas inspiration! Love all! -Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beauties, Susan! I love the subtle layering on some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple, Beautiful and Elegant as always. Thank You for sharing your inspiration for CAS this year, I'm actually starting to get the hang of it. LOL Merry Christmas to You Susan and Your family!! Paulette S. in MO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I adore all things "holly" and while I've promised myself I will not buy any more Christmas stamps (how many sets does one need really) I just might have to get this one, especailly now that you've provided so much inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truely stunning first card, so simple and effective. Love it. Thank you so much for sharing. Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!