Thursday, May 5, 2011

Variations on a Set: Hero Arts Just a Note

Will be announcing the winner of the Zutter Round-It-All on Friday!

I've decided for simplicity's sake (*wink*), I'm going to title posts that show my resolution to make four cards from every set with Variations on a Set. I won't post all four variations on one post, though. Gotta spread them out a bit! But you can expect all four cards for a set to be posted within the same week, usually in two posts (two cards per post).

What I hope YOU get out of this resolution are ideas for using sets YOU own with more versatility. I've already completed four sets for this resolution, and it's really interesting to think about them from this angle. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Both of today's cards are one layer and both are colored with markers, but they are different layouts. First up, I LOVE the pencil stamp in this set, and I used it in a similar way to the line stamp on my blinged birthday card.


Next up is an arrow note. Obviously, the dominant design here is the visual triangle. Now that I'm looking at it on my screen, I REALLY wish I'd made the top arrow point down. Duh. That would make so much more sense. Oh, well.


Happy Friday, everyone.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Just a Note clear set
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white (pencils), PTI cream (arrows)
accessories: Memento Markers

9 comments:

  1. I really love the pencil card! I have that set and um, I haven't used it yet.

    I should make a resolution.

    Also, you have frightened me, isn't it Thursday today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I love these cards! The pencil card makes so much sense for a notecard, and your colors in it (did you COLOR it?) are perfect. I really, really like it. And the arrow card is really a close second for me! I've seen stamp sets with arrows and wondered what in the world they could ever be used for. Just for this! The placement of the arrows is genius, too. I love your new resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is, but I accidentally hit publish when I meant to hit save. It was way too much trouble to undo it when it only went up about five hours early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any pencil stamps, but now I wish I did :) Thanks to you, I know what to do with my arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colouring with markers, yay! Great one-layer cards. Good luck with this resolution; it's good for us, too, to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your variations of using these simple stamps to make a cool card! Fantastic! MORE please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, these are great, the pencil card is just wonderful but the arrow one's my favourite. The arrow heading off could be interpreted to mean a thought going off on a tangent or sending out a message, just great:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, I have this set too, so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Just visited you here for the first time and I'm just blown away! You make awesome cards!!! I will try to play along with you OLW-challenge if I can make it. Just looooooooooooooove your cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!