Monday, March 26, 2012

Swish!

Since Duke lost early in the tournament (and it was ALL MY FAULT*), I'm ignoring the swishing going on in b-ball, but here's a swish from an old, discontinued (so sad) Hero Arts shadow set.

Swish, indeed.




The tree is from PTI's Tree Tops, and the stars seemed appropriate for a birthday card (sentiment from Limitless Labels, I think). Also, I dug out my star-shaped blings and made a triangle of them. Angles love curves, apparently.

And yes, the photo is a tad over-exposed, but I cut the stamped panel out along the swish on bottom and rounded both top corners. Then, the panel was popped on dimensionals.

If you're looking for a challenge, try using a curvy shape as grass and cutting your panel as I have done. It's fun!


*I graduated from Duke in December 1987, and every time I watch my team play basketball, they lose. On March 16, I turned my television on and by pure bad luck, Duke was playing Lehigh.  I swear I didn't even know they were supposed to be playing!!!! I wanted to watch The Big Bang Theory. But there it was...Duke ahead by two. As soon as I realized what I was watching, I changed the channel. But it was too late. Once again, I killed Coach K's dream. *insert swear word here*

14 comments:

  1. The swish grass is very nice. Your comments about Duke are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hold it against one of your northern Idaho fans, but I don't like Duke at all. They beat my fave Gonzaga Bulldogs awhile back. I do love your card though. The swish of the grass is creative genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this really makes me laugh. I also think I'm a sports jinx! I didn't even know Lehigh was playing Duke until my sister sent me a text message during the game. I used to work at Lehigh, so the outcome of the game came as quite a surprise to me. Sorry for your loss. If it's any consolation, Lehigh lost their next game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous and your Duke story hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just SOOO love the way you have cut the bottom of that panel... adds soo much oomph to this CAS card... u continue to keep inspiring us :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your swishy grass, Susan! That is a fab idea.
    Sorry about Duke. I know my husband and son were NOT pleased, as it messed up their brackets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your swish grass. I have that Hero Art set and never use it. I'll have to dig it out. I'm glad I kept the set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. How is Daisy doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours and the wavy cut! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And on behalf of Tar Heel fans everywhere, we'd like to thank you for watching, and encourage you to do so early and often!

    Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is great, must try the curve for the grass it looks so good. Made me laugh about your team, we have the opposite problem, if all four of use are not watching our sportsman, he looses. Trouble is we don't all live in the same house anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. at least Carolina is out! I was so pulling for NC State!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the inspiration - again.. I've used it slightly differently herehttp://www.craftyjc.com/2012/03/sending-you-sunshine.html :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!