Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The New One-Layer Wednesday Challenge!!!!

Welcome to the New One-Layer Wednesday Challenge! I am so happy to announce the introduction of two new OLW hosts who will join Jennifer and me. Each woman brings a whole lotta CAS talent to the fun!

First up, Cheryl Emery of The Paperie Journey. She avidly participates in all sorts of challenges, including the CAS challenge on SCS and the Less Is More Challenge. Check out her blog and you'll see she's a fearless stamper, versatile, willing to try anything, and wonderfully talented, too!

Our second new host is the inestimable Heather Telford of Bits & Pieces. I've been a huge fan of Heather's amazing skills with a sponge for years. Her fabulous sense of color and masterful use of white space really define her soft-yet-crisp CAS style.

Jennifer, Cheryl, Heather, and I will alternate hosting the OLW challenge. To make it easier for you to find the challenge each week, I'm going to put a special section on my sidebar with links for the other three blogs, plus I'll announce where the challenge is every Wednesday.

Yippy!!!!!! I hope you find this as exciting as I do!!!!

And now for One-Layer Wednesday #86: Women Rule

In honor of our new hosts, the challenge this week is to make a card for a woman in your life. She may be your mom, of course, with Mother's Day right around the corner, or any other woman who is special to you for any reason.

You'll get a bonus point (good for a cyber-hug!) if you share some little detail about the person that you've incorporated into your card...an inside joke, favorite color, favorite image, etc.

My card is for my sister, Lisa, who has been my best friend since her birth. Well, in truth we drove our mother insane with our bickering, as only two sisters can. Our last fight, however, was in 1983...almost 30 years ago! We started girl-slapping at each other, realized at the same moment how utterly stupid that was, dissolved into laughter, threw our arms around each other, and have been best friends ever since.


The card combines three Papertrey Ink stamp sets: Simply Jane, Stampers Sampler Sentiments, and Silent Night (a Christmas set with that fabulous flourish). The inks are Memento, the paper is PTI, and the corners were rounded with a Corner Chomper.

My Bonus Point: Lisa's favorite color growing up was brown because she felt sorry for it, hence my use of browns on the card.

OLW86 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. NO other layers allowed.

2. Make a card for any woman in your life...mom, sister, BFF, the lady who serves your mocha at Starbucks, whoever. Please keep embellishments to a minimum. As a bonus, please share something about your card that makes it personal for its intended recipient.

3. Upload your creation somewhere on the Internet, and then link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity. Please make sure to link directly to the card and not just to your blog so people will be able to find it easily!

4. The most important rule of all, of course, is to HAVE FUN!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. WTG snagging Heather - I have been a follower of her's for a long time!! While I don't know Cheryl I just popped over to her blog -- fabulous! (I am going to make her paper clips - so cute!)

    I am also glad you will have links on your side bar -- makes it easier to play in my favorite challenge! :)

    Off to create~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love your sister's reason for loving brown...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of four challenge hosts - it will be so interesting to see all the different ideas they bring. And it will make life easier for you and Jennifer. I've always been a big fan of Heather's, but I'm not familiar with Cheryl so great to have another CAS stamper's blog to check out. I might know her work from SCS - what is her SCS name?

    The Jane Austen image and the sentiment you chose are perfect for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see this challenge back, Susan. I'm really excited about your co-hostesses and looking forward to lots of fun challenges.

    This card is awesome as I'm sure your sister is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee - totally loved playing along again this morning. Look forward to 'meeting' some new people through the new format too! Had a giggle at the story of you and your sister.. sounds very familiar to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad OLW is back! :) LOVE this card, I kinda CASEd ya... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!