Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lenten Devotional

First of all, I'll share a super simple card to get you in the mood.




Lent has begun. Perhaps you are one who gives stuff up for Lent...chocolate, perhaps, or candy, or the Internet. If you gave up the Internet, you're not here reading this and are a better, stronger person than I am.

If, however, you are interested in doing something a bit more spiritual for Lent other than just giving up chocolate, perhaps you might enjoy diving into your Bible for a study of Exodus. If so, please visit my other blog, Transforming Common Days.

Each weekday during Lent, starting Monday, February 18, I will post our study from First United Methodist Church of Springboro on that blog. You are invited to share your thoughts throughout the study in the comments over there.

I would love it if you would join us!

Supplies
stamps: StampinUp (cross), Papertrey (sentiment)
ink: VersaColor
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestone, Copic and Bic markers (for shading the rhinestone)

4 comments:

  1. That cross is so beautiful. The rhinestone is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cross - don't give up stuff for Lent at all....looking forward to your bible study.....now I must get tidied and off to church myself - we have Bible Week and we're studying Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and serene. I should have given up the internet for Lent. Then I could sit here and tell the boss, "No. No. No. Sorry, no, can't do that." Ah, I shouldn't tease. His requests are reasonable.

    I wanted to say that you inspired me to do a major overhaul of my craft room, which is actually my living room. It is still a work in progress but I was as pleased as punch to free up some drawer space so I could sort embellishments by color family like you have. I haven't played much since I've done that but it has made picking up easier. Now instead of pondering where to put the glitter glue I know just to put it in its proper colored drawer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!