Monday, August 12, 2013

Clean and Krafty Thanks

Thank you all for your suggestions relating to Christmas cards on this post...and the personal emails. Y'all are wonderful, you know.

A few weeks ago, I saw the small kraft bags in my neutral embellishment drawer and thought, "I need to do something with one of those." So I did.




Kraft and baker's twine are a match made in heaven. Add crisp white and lime, and you've got a truly happy combination!




To give the flimsy bag a bit of substance, I mounted it on a scrap of card stock slightly smaller than the bag. That way, I could pop it up on the card. In hindsight, I probably could have just used a bunch of dimensionals or some dimensional tape...the stiff card stock makes the bag hard to open for inserting the file card. Not impossible, just awkward.

I used scallop scissors to round the corners slightly for a more finished look.

This card was hand-presented to a friend at church who blessed me excessively after I helped her with a delightful problem...deciding how to handle/pick/make her daughter's wedding invitations! We decided that purchasing printed invitations was pretty economical and easy, and making them would cost about the same. I didn't do anything except consult! Seriously, that hardly warrants a hefty gift card to a craft store, but that's what she did.

Happy Monday!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Floral Frenzy, Mega Mixed Messages, Signature Greetings
ink: SU green galore (off-stamped for lighter shade on the flowers), Memento dark cocoa
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: kraft bag (Michael's), dimensionals, baker's twine, Fiskar's tab punch, scallop scissors, mini scallop scissors (for trimming the kraft bag)

7 comments:

  1. I have those same little bags!! and didnt know what to do with them until I saw this! So cute and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are genius!! You have me furiously looking through all of my stuff, now, because somewhere I have something similar. Great use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of a small kraft bag! I love it! (So going to Pin this, great inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - love the Kraft bag and the card. The color combo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one Susan. I think I have afew bits just like this hanging around, so guess what I will be CASing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm.. adorable...I have bags like this except they have big pink polka dots and are larger. wonder what craft fantasy induced me to buy them!!? Your card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like anything that uses kraft. I don't have any of these bags, but could probably make some from a shopping bag. The lime green on the tag really sets it off. Seeing the little "thanks" tag made me eager to see what was hiding in the bag. VERY nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!