Friday, August 30, 2013

Inspired by Katherine Schmitt

While scanning the latest issue of Take Ten, I found the following card by Katherine Schmitt and sat right down to be inspired.



Of course, Katherine seriously rocks the kraft card stock, and my krafty exploits never quite look right to me, so I used white card stock, kept her holiday theme, but went blue and flaky, with a little bling thrown in for good measure!


I love Katherine's layout, and it's potentially useful for so many different things, not the least of which is using up some of the over-abundance of twine I've purchased. Still in a Christmas mood, I wanted to use some silver metallic twine in my stash, so I pulled out my silver and gold Brilliance inks and went to work.

You'll notice the lack of twine, right?


That lack isn't for lack of trying. The twine wouldn't tie right, no matter what I did to it.

I'm proud of myself for not swearing or throwing anything.

Finally, I gave up. I'm telling myself that the metallic ink--which is totally shiny and beautiful--carries the card without the twine. If I repeat it enough, I might start believing it.

But Katherine's original design is absolutely delightful and so inspiring! Many thanks to her and to Take Ten Autumn 2013.

Supplies
Flake Card
stamps: assorted snowflakes, sentiment from Papertrey's Winterberry set
ink: VersaColor cyan, black
Star Card
stamps: assorted stars, sentiment from Papertrey's Silent Night set
ink: Brilliance
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: corner rounder, twine, dimensionals, blue rhinestones, gold half beads

9 comments:

  1. probably a little washi would do the trick on the gold and silver card !!........
    www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I like it better without the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue blingy snowflakes are just lovely, Susan ... the twine is a perfect addition. On the gold/silver one, I think the beads on the gold star are enough to dress it up beautifully! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CASE of Katherine's card. Love your cards with white bases; kraft isn't always my best choice. These are lovely, and I while I like the twine, your last card stands alone without it quite nicely. Two peaceful options! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful cards. Rest assured that if you hadn't been talking about twine, I'd never have thought the second card was missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cards created with lots of white space, and thanks to you and Katherine, I started my day out with lots of smiles, too =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!