Monday, August 18, 2014

Gettin' Punchy with SU's Slit Punch

Perhaps I should have named this series "This Old Punch" instead of "Gettin' Punchy."

As I've been playing with punches this week, I've realized how many sit unused in my drawers. It's sort of sad, actually, because the hoard collection is pretty nice and varied, but it's not getting used as it should be.

So when I saw the SU slit punch I bought so many years ago, I wondered if I'd ever used it. Honestly, I can't remember. So here's what might possibly be my first card with this old punch.




To make this card, cut 3/4" off the end of a 5.5" x 8.5" half-sheet. Score it at 4.25" (as usual), and punch the slit in the middle of the edge of the 4.25" portion. The shorter, 3.5" flap will fit perfectly into the tab.

I adore red-and-white winter cards. They make me think of bulky, warm Nordic sweaters. Plus, the bright red pops so nicely off the white and allows for interest without fussiness. There's not a single embellishment on this card, although it could be fun to put a red rhinestone in the center of the large snowflake.

But this card doesn't really need embellishment.

What do you think?

Supplies
stamps: A Muse
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: slit punch

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Now I need to go pull out my set of Basic Grey slot punches... Gorgeous card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool punch! I think I might have used it once at a card class, but I don't own it. The red and white makes such a striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have that punch somewhere and had totally forgotten about it. I am sure that I've used it in the past though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!