Monday, January 26, 2015

Giving Spirit and a Reader Question

Dare 2B Artzy has a set called Giving Spirit that has some lovely quotations on it. As I stared at this one from Mother Teresa, the grape stamp from Papertrey's Fruitful (in the vault now and thus stupidly expensive!) popped into my mind, and isn't it cool how nice they look together?


Grapes are a nicely biblical fruit, with associations to Christ ("I am the vine, you are the branches..." John 15:5). This card is one of several I made for our Stephen Ministry group to send out, so the religious references are particularly suitable.

I really, really, really wanted this to be a simple white-on-white card, but it just needed a little something more. This grape, double-sided satin ribbon comes from Ellen Hutson. It's so pretty. I attached it with Scor-Tape and trimmed the edges with scissors.

And now I want a glass of wine. Cline Ancient Vine Zinfandel would be lovely.

A Reader Question
Eileen T asked the following question: "I'd be interested to know how you finish the inside of your cards, please, or do you leave them blank?"

Well, Eileen, generally, I leave the insides blank. There are exceptions, although I often forget to photograph the inside when I do stamp in it. If there's stamping inside, though, it's small, to leave plenty of room for a handwritten note.

I like handwritten notes.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Fruitful, Dare 2B Artzy Giving Spirit
ink: Memento Luxe tuxedo black, Fresh Ink mojito, VersaMagic Concord grape
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, scallop scissors (to round corners of raised panel), ribbon from Ellen Hutson

6 comments:

  1. this is ever so beautiful and meaningful. i leave the insides blank too. i like handwritten notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and very fitting for your ministry! I leave some cards blank on the inside, and put 'something' on the inside of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and sentiment, Susan. I usually leave the inside of my cards blank also. I like to decorate the insides sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card.

    I like to write in my cards so I don't like the inside to be overly decorated. A small stamp in the corner is fine but even large sentiments will often get in the way. I get confused by highly decorated insides that leave very tiny spaces for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I like to hand write the note or message to further personalize the creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to leave room to write, too. Also, I most often don't know who the card is going to at the time it is made, so I may opt to add a greeting inside later (especially when I can't decide what to write!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!