Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Father's Day Card

My hubs needed a Father's Day card for his dad, so I came up with this using a couple of old Papertrey sets:


The sentiment is from Father Knows Best, but I cut it apart to suit my needs. The tree is from Through the Trees. It's bigger than the trees in Father Knows Best, and the three word strips fit on it so nicely. 

This design would work great for most dude cards...birthday, thinking of you, etc. Guys are just so hard to make cards for, and when you find a dude-friendly design, it pays to work the idea for as many variations as your stash will allow! A tree, a sentiment cut apart, and Bob's your uncle!

The two little leaves at the bottom add interest, don't you think? I like that extra touch.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink Father Knows Best, Through the Trees
ink: Fresh Ink mojito, VersaMagic jumbo java
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, scissors

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!