Friday, July 17, 2015

Another Holiday Triptych

Today's holiday triptych-style card shows how to overcome one consequence of using washi tape to bind the triptych: strongly dividing the three panels. On yesterday's card, the white tape blends in with the white card stock, providing no boundaries to the eye as it moves across the three panels. Today's card creates a continuous scene while using colored washi tape.







This card uses a really old, discontinued set from Hero Arts that uses polka dots as a design element I could exploit to create unity even with the pink tape separating the panels.

First, I repeatedly stamped the two rows of dots in pink, changing the curve as I went, to create a landscape that is continuous across the three panels.

Then, I stamped the snowmen and tree, colored them with Copics, and added Sakura stardust pink pen over random dots of the snowy ground and topping the tree. The Memento angel pink looked too light given the brightness of the coloring on the tree and snowman, so I wanted to bring out the pink dots more.

I also love the Sakura stardust pens because their ink is opaque, so you can cover up black reasonably well, as here for the three dots over the tree.

Adhering the washi tape to both sides completed the card.

Oh, my. I'm so loving this three-panel idea!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts discontinued
ink: Memento black, angel pink
paper: Gina K white in 120#
accessories: Copic markers, washi tape, pink Sakura Stardust pen

3 comments:

  1. I really REALLY like the colored washi tape. But then I'm allergic to a lot of white space, so I think the white tape kinda made me itch a little. I'll still look for it for you, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part is all the space this technique gives you - you can get a lot of design in and still have a lovely clean card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your landscape helps the design flow across the three panels. Beautiful! I'm loving this washi binder idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!