Saturday, April 8, 2017

Got There in the End

When I purchased You're a Fungi from Hero Arts, I didn't anticipate problems. It's a cute set--unusual for me--but the images are simple, easy to color, and not too large, which usually works for me.

Surprise!

I ruined a LOT of paper with this set. Not sure what happened, other than I'm nowhere near as good at coloring as I thought I was (but there's no real surprise there, I guess). The set itself is adorable, but after disappointing results with Copics, watercolor pencils, colored pencils, and simple markers, I was ready to give the set to Salvation Army and move on with my life.

Then, the Kaleidacolor ink pads whispered, "Try us!"

So I did.

Surprise!



This time, it was a happy surprise. Playing around with the spectrum pad yielded some rich, bright colors and turned an ordinary scene into something playful and cute.

Note the complete absence of coloring. *sigh*

Still not sure about this set. It's sitting on my desk, awaiting a second wave of effort, but if that proves as frustrating as the first, I'll give the set away.

Life's too short to argue with photopolymer.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts You're a Fungi, Thank You Messages
ink: Kaleidacolor spectrum
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: glue, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant with those inks. I do love them, even bought myself a couple more last month. The inks are perfect for the fungi stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And if you are looking for a place to send them... 😈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And if you are looking for a place to send them... 😈

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have come up with an ace card! Those fungi stamps are great, (love the escargot!) and you have found the best way to use them. Anymore fungi on your card and there wouldn't be 'mushroom'for anything else..... :O) Bravo you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, life is too short for such frustrations. However, you aced it in the end. The perfect solution and a clean and cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Susan!

    By the way, have you tried to clean the stamps before using? Sometimes there are "leftovers" from the manufacturing process which avoid clean and crisp images. A very good cleaning might help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cheery card. There is always hope when we have so many stamp pads to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!