Thursday, September 7, 2017

A Reminder about Thanksgiving

My last post used only the leaf veins from the Hero Arts Color Layering Fall Leaves set, and I added the color myself using a brush and Peerless Watercolors. After making that card, I wanted to use both the vein and block stamps together, thus using the color layering feature of the set. The ink used is Kaleidacolor Cajun spice, and each image was liberally spritzed with water before stamping.



The dark, rich colors would have looked odd on white cardstock, so I used a cream cardstock, either from Papertrey or Gina K...can't remember.

The brown bling adds interest and helps move the eye around the design.

And now for a reminder about Thanksgiving.

While I won't have a formal Thanksgiving Crusade this year, I will be sending cards to about 20 people in my life for whom I am grateful. I encourage you to do the same. You could send cards to the 20 people you know the best, or to people you've not seen in years but remember fondly, or to random people in your life (your barista, your pastor or imam or rabbi, your gynecologist, your mechanic). Doesn't matter. The point of this holiday is to wallow in gratitude for people, warm-blooded human beings who have made or are making or will make a positive difference in your life.

Gratitude knows no national boundaries, no boundaries of race or gender identity or age or socioeconomic status or immigration status or religion or politics. Spread that stuff all over!!!

For Americans, Thanksgiving feels really far away still, but for Canadians, it's getting close. And if you're living in a country that doesn't formally honor the concept of thanksgiving with an annual holiday, you can send thanksgiving cards any time you want.

In fact, we all can send thanksgiving cards whenever we want. It's just the uppercase Thanksgiving that happens in autumn and focuses on the plentiful harvest and gives us stampers so many fabulous leaf images.

How I love leaf images!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and thanksgiving,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering Fall Leaves
ink: Kaleidacolor Cajun spice; Archival potting soil
paper: cream cardstock
accessories: rhinestones, water spritz bottle

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE leaf images. Cannot explain why. I really like the deep, rich tones you used here.
    Saying Thanks really should come more often than thanksgiving. I need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Luv them colors.
    I love Fall; changing of the colors and the much cooler temperatures.
    The day after Christmas I am already starting to make cards not just for family members for their birthday's but also for others. I am making cards throughout the whole year; keeping them pretty simple and mass producing them; except for family members as they are specially made for each and every one of them; 2 daughters, 9 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren.
    Not just for Thanksgiving but I also make cards for each of the nursing home patients in our local area. Many of them patients have no family close or they just don't come to visit their loved ones so I do try and make cards to give to them just to brighten up their day maybe in some small wall. Love seeing the smiles on their faces when they receive a card for just no reason. They actually look forward to it.
    The front desk @ the nursing home also receives a card.
    Our local volunteer fire department also receives a card along with a large platter of homemade cookies and other goodies.

    Here's wishing you a Very Happy Thanksgiving.
    Colleen~Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The layout is perfect along with the colors... Always been a fan of Kaleidacolor pads for beautiful color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love these luscious deep colors! You certainly have a way with Kaleidacolor ink pads.

    To show my gratitude for my local Post Office, I'm making Mom's famous poundcake for them. That is, just as soon as I can talk my sister into helping me. I've never made one of Mom's poundcakes, and Lisa (sister) has - with Mom looking over her shoulder and guiding her every step of the way. Heavenly moist, dense cake with a slightly crunchy crust. My mouth is watering...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!